We run regular English-language Playgroup events at our Hall in the 8eme.
These events are organised and run by volunteers from within the group. Parents are expected to attend with their children and to help out with setting up the Hall, supervising and interacting with the children during the event, and then clearing up at the end.
The age ranges given below are an indication of the level of activities that will be on offer: older and younger siblings are always welcome to attend our events, on the understanding that their parents will keep an eye on them and help them play safely.
Important! English is the only language spoken at our events, so parents coming along with their children need to be able to speak English to a reasonable level so that they, and their children, can join in and enjoy themselves.
Baby Playgroup for 0 to 3 year-olds
- Held two Wednesday mornings AND one Saturday morning each month
- Circle time includes songs, rhymes, stories and actions.
- Examples of activity themes include Autumn, Dinosaurs, Our Bodies, Animals, as well as parties at Easter and Christmas.
- Refreshments for parents and children.
Playgroup for 3 to 6 year-olds
- Held two Wednesday afternoons each month.
- Craft activities, toys, free play, English songs and stories.
- Snack (fruit, biscuits and a drink) for children at 4pm.
- Tea, coffee and cake for parents.
Magic Key Club for 6+ year-olds
- Held at least once a month: Wednesday afternoons and some weekends.
- Group games and activities organised to encourage speaking, reading and writing English together. Weekend events are held at different venues around the city, often in a park.
ESFG English Library
Our library of over 400 English language books (including various Learn-to Read-series), DVDs and audio CDs are available for loan to members at all the above events.
All our events are for members only. If you are interested in becoming a member and coming to one of our regular events, you can find out more about membership here.